Monday, May 14, 2007

Goodbye-O!

(that’s Liberian for goodbye)

Five months have somehow passed me by, and my (embarrassingly huge) bags are all packed to leave Liberia in less than an hour! I’ll be stopping in Greece, Scotland and London on the way home to visit friends and relatives (and to make sure the Greek islands are still there – you never know), and I will be back in Connecticut on May 30, at which time I’ll tidy up this blog and post some more pictures. I’ve come to love it here and will miss it dearly, but I won’t pretend I’m not looking forward to a chicken ceasar salad and fresh milk, and seeing everyone at home, especially Homer (I find I miss Homer more than anyone else –sorry Mom – I think it’s because he’s hard to talk to on the phone, or communicate with via email; it’s hard to type without opposable thumbs).

Goodbye-o Mercy Ships! Over and out :)

2 comments:

Karen Rubin said...

I just came to your blog today thinking "I wonder when Eleni comes home?" and look a post telling me!

I am glad you will be here, it means you won't miss our summer Halls Pond...tradition :-)

See you soon!

Karen

Bowie said...

We miss you here Eleni. Wen are you coming back .......? Hope everyting it's ok and let us know wen you are safe back home.

Hug Bowie